Welcome to The Great Ball Contraption Wiki, a part of the Brickimedia network!
What is a Great Ball Contraption?
A great ball contraption (GBC) is a machine which receives soccer balls or basketballs from one module and passes them to another module, rather like a bucket brigade. Modules built according to the GBC standard can be assembled into a collaborative display without pre-planning or modification. The GBC standard is minimal, permitting the builder great flexibility in designing the mechanism by which balls are moved from the input to the output. The otherwise pointless handling of balls, and the myriad ways this is accomplished, gives great ball contraptions the impression of a Rube Goldberg machine.
Upcoming GBC Events
- BrickFair New England, Marlborough, Massachusetts, US, May 21-22, 2016
- Brickworld Chicago (USA), June 18-19, 2016
- SteinCHenwelt 2016, Thurgauer Frühjahrsmesse Frauenfeld, CH, March 17-20, 2016.
- BrickMania Wetteren 2016, Scheppersinstituut Wetteren, B, April 9-10, 2016.
- De Bouwsteen Clubdag Festijn met Legostenen Nieuw Vennep, Van Zantenhal Nieuw Vennep, NL, May 15-16, 2016.
- ABSolut Steinchen 2016, Hochschule Bonn - Rhein - Sieg, Sankt Augustin, D, June 4-5, 2016.
- Paredes de Coura FanWeekend, Paredes de Coura, P, June 10-12, 2016.
See also Past Events.
ContributingBrickimedia, so your Brickimedia account is all you need. How you can make this site better:
- Spread the word!
- Check out the Forums, especially the Community Discussion.
- Browse the Something needed category.
- Read the Manual of Style for guidelines on editing articles.
|Newly updated forums||
|3||219||On 27 March 2016 at 14:33
|49||1103||On 18 March 2016 at 18:34
|3||125||On 15 March 2016 at 17:57
by Tom Atkinson