Welcome to The Great Ball Contraption Wiki, a part of the Brickimedia network!
What is a Great Ball Contraption?
A great ball contraption (GBC) is a machine which receives soccer balls or basketballs from one module and passes them to another module, rather like a bucket brigade. Modules built according to the GBC standard can be assembled into a collaborative display without pre-planning or modification. The GBC standard is minimal, permitting the builder great flexibility in designing the mechanism by which balls are moved from the input to the output. The otherwise pointless handling of balls, and the myriad ways this is accomplished, gives great ball contraptions the impression of a Rube Goldberg machine.
Upcoming GBC Events
- Brickworld Fort Wayne (USA), August 27-28, 2016
- Brickmania Limburg, Don Bosco College, Houthalen-Helchteren, B, August 27-28, 2016
- Bricks & Trains, Maxx Sports, Hoogeveen, NL, September 17-18, 2016
- Skaerbaek Fanweekend, Fritidscenter, Skaerbaek, DK, September 24-25, 2016
- LEGO World NL, Jaarbeurs, Utrecht, NL, Oktober 18-24, 2016
- Brickmania Antwerpen, Waagnatie, Antwerpen, B, November 12-13, 2016
- LEGO Fanwelt Deutschland, Die Messe, Köln, D, November 18-20, 2016
- Festijn met Bouwsteentjes, Broodfabriek, Rijswijk, NL, December 17-18, 2016
- BrisBricks Chandler 2016 Brisbane, Queensland, Australian, 1st-3rd October 2016 - Australia's Largest - Possibly Largest in Southern Hemisphere
See also Past Events.
ContributingBrickimedia, so your Brickimedia account is all you need. How you can make this site better:
- Spread the word!
- Check out the Forums, especially the Community Discussion.
- Browse the Something needed category.
- Read the Manual of Style for guidelines on editing articles.
|Newly updated forums||
|54||2138||On 14 August 2016 at 05:13
|19||1733||On 7 August 2016 at 07:08
|37||1226||On 6 August 2016 at 08:27