Welcome to the The Great Ball Contraption Wiki community, Captainowie! I hope you like this site and choose to join our community. Here are a few links to help you get started:
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask an administrator.
I hope you enjoy our community! Happy Editing!
You are free to remove this message after you have read it.
Thanks! I like what I've seen so far, and I hope to be able to contribute meaningfully.
To be honest I don't really care what happens to the "Captainoiwe" account - there shouldn't be any data to merge (other than what is created automatically), so you can just delete it. Or leave it idle, whatever you like (though I can't help thinking that valid, idle accounts are generally a bad idea). Captainowie (talk) 12:27, 2 June 2015 (UTC)
Made you a Patroller
- The power, The Power, THE POWER! Mwahaha! What, exactly, can I do now? I assume it's something like vetting others' changes? Captainowie (talk) 09:03, 6 July 2015 (UTC)4
- You can mark other people's edits as "Patrolled". And your edits are automatically marked patrolled. What does "Patrolled" mean? Whatever you want it to mean. :-) To me it means you can be trusted to separate the wheat from the chaff. ALITTLESlow: t/c 21:49, 6 July 2015 (UTC)
Is there a list of unpatrolled edits somewhere? I couldn't find oneI can use the Hide patrolled edits function of the Recent Changes page. I don't seem to be able to do anything about edits that were made before my promotion, but I'll try to keep on top of future edits. Captainowie (talk) 10:08, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
- Hmm, I haven't been able to find a way to mark anything as 'Patrolled', except on the spam blog post that recently got through the abuse filter (which I'm totally not going to do). Is there some magic button or something that I'm just not seeing? Captainowie (talk) 09:20, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
- found a guide, which would have saved me the pain your feeling now: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Patrolled_edits ALITTLESlow: t/c 12:50, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
- Ah, very good. Thanks for that. Captainowie (talk) 13:23, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
Protected your page
- Yes, that's fine. Thanks! Not sure what drives someone to go around blanking folks' talk pages.