Welcome to The Great Ball Contraption Wiki, a part of the Brickimedia network!
What is a Great Ball Contraption?
A great ball contraption (GBC) is a machine which receives soccer balls or basketballs from one module and passes them to another module, rather like a bucket brigade. Modules built according to the GBC standard can be assembled into a collaborative display without pre-planning or modification. The GBC standard is minimal, permitting the builder great flexibility in designing the mechanism by which balls are moved from the input to the output. The otherwise pointless handling of balls, and the myriad ways this is accomplished, gives great ball contraptions the impression of a Rube Goldberg machine.
Upcoming GBC Events
- BrickFair New Jersey (USA), October 27-30, 2016
- Indy Brick Expo at Midwest Toy Fest, November 5-6, 2016
- Brickworld Indy, March 18 & 19, 2017
- Brickworld Chicago, June 17 & 18, 2017
- Brickworld Michigan, September 23 & 24, 2017
- Brickworld Fort Wayne, October 14 & 15, 2017
- På kloss hold, Trondheim, N, April 1-2, 2017
- Brick Mania Wetteren, Wetteren, B, April 15-16, 2017
- Bouwen en zo, De Tamboer, Hoogenveen, NL, April 29-30, 2017
- Kinderboerderijdag, Kinderboerderij, Oss, NL, May 28, 2017
- Fanweekend Portugal, Paredes de Coura, P, June 9-11, 2017
- Absolut Steinchen, Hoch Schule Rhein Bonn Sieg, Sankt Augustin, D, June 17-18, 2017
- Fana’Briques, Rosheim, F, June 30 - July 2, 2017
-  Brickvention, Melbourne, Australia. January 13-15 2017. We may be able to beat Brisbane's record!
See also Past Events.
ContributingBrickimedia, so your Brickimedia account is all you need. How you can make this site better:
- Spread the word!
- Check out the Forums, especially the Community Discussion.
- Browse the Something needed category.
- Read the Manual of Style for guidelines on editing articles.
|Newly updated forums||
|1||20||On 15 March 2017 at 06:11
|7||1291||On 9 March 2017 at 21:18
|6||466||On 1 March 2017 at 11:35